Strategic Plan 2022-27
1. To be recognized as a high-quality cultural arts attraction throughout SC and the Southeast
- Produce and present a Chautauqua Festival of interactive theater with nationally renowned scholar/actors that will enhance the cultural life of the city of Greenville as well as attract regional tourists. Contract the finest nationally recognized performers available. Expand offerings at June Festival
- Maintain the highest theater production values, even though we perform in venues not our own.
- Maximize partnerships with related outreach programs prior to and during the June Festival.
2. To increase brand awareness throughout South Carolina and beyond
- Make vigilant use of social media and online marketing.
- Evaluate effectiveness of paid advertising regionally to targeted markets.
3. To transition to an organization managed by paid staff and run with a combination of contract services and trained volunteers
- Continue to plan for paid full or part-time Executive Director and/or Administrator.
- Contract professional support services such as Technical Director and Graphic Designer.
- Increase pool of volunteers, using seasoned volunteers for key positions.
4. To expand the effectiveness of Chautauqua Board of Directors for sustainability of the organization
- Increase board diversity to reflect skills and community contacts needed to sustain the organization.
- Recruit a working board that will take responsibility to fulfill our mission, oversee governance, aid in funding, empower staff and pitch in where needed, evaluate function in order to improve our organization and celebrate our successes.
5. To ensure adequate financial resources to fund current expenses and to ensure sustainability
- Increase income across the board from sponsorships, individual donors, grants and fundraisers.
- Add new sources of income.
- Maintain contingency funds.